Friday, December 21, 2012

What does being "UNIQUE" Mean to YOU ?

While Randy Gage is On a much needed Vacation, he is having is daily wisdom blogs done by Guest Speakers...

This last Blog Post written by Bruce Turkel brought up some interesting points I would Like to explore.

CLICK HERE TO READ BRUCE TURKEL'S BLOG POST on RANDY GAGE's Site...

So let's start with the definition of Unique- According to Wikipedia:

So one of the things Bruce Turkel states and I am summarizing here-  that the word UNIQUE is overused and can be of disservice because the actual search for uniqueness is an never-ending search and it is a very tall order.  He Concludes with the quote by Oscar Wilde - 
"Be Yourself. Everyone else is already taken."  
(I encourage everyone to read Bruce Turkel's post, link above, great read.)

What I would like to add to that is - some people get so wrapped up in being UNIQUE and the search that they get LOST along the way and or get so frustrated in the process of the search and what it takes to be UNIQUE... that they also wind up giving up...

One of the Keys I would like to address is:
What does "UNIQUE" mean to YOU ?
If we go by the Dictionary version that I can completely agree that is quite UNIQUE to achieve the status of UNIQUE... 

I feel like most things, everybody has a different version 
and or perspective on a definition of a word...
What is Yours ?



When I hear the Word UNIQUE and or use the Word UNIQUE or tell my clients to be UNIQUE... What I am saying and meaning is to be your Own Authentic Self...  When you are NOT being yourself and are just spitting out status quo statements, and do the typical hand movements and or Staged Postures etc... and are Attempting to be Somebody else... People know it and quite frankly are tired of the canned or memorized responses and or speeches and behavior... At least I personally am...

When I hear a friend and or speaker speak etc... I want to see the same authentic person on stage as I know him or her when I shake their hand, talk to them or go out to dinner with them...

Now let us take this a Step Further Mark Sanborn in his book "Up, Down, or Sideways" 
(Another Book I highly recommend...)

Mark talks about one of his Successes as a Lead trainer for Tom Peters-In Search of Excellence seminar based on the book with the same title.
Mark says that he attributes his success over other trainers because they were just copying Tom Peter's jokes, and the way Tom Peter's delivered on stage... While, Mark Sanborn choose to teach and speak from his Own Unique and Authentic way... He still delivered the same information just in his own way...

I have been in relationships way back when, when the person I was dating when we were together they were one way, then when we would go out, he would be completely different with this sailing buddies, completely different with his work out buddies, completely different with Family etc... etc... etc...

For me that is not being your authentic self.... When I would ask him why...
He would tell me, I can't let my Business or Sailing buddies know that I am Spiritual and do Yoga and am into that metaphysical stuff, they wouldn't understand...

That type of living just doesn't work for me, and I Choose to Collaborate, Share, Consult, and be with people that LOVE being just themselves...

People who know me, know what they are going to get - in person, coaching, consulting and or on stage... High Energy, Drive, Passion, and Straight Talk, that is Compassionate yet to the point...  Spiritual Yes, Metaphysical Yes, Yet when I talk , I am talking from a very grounded place with a lot of Warrior Energy... I mix in my Spiritual Metaphysical side into teaching in a very western almost logical way... so that all Audiences More Western and or More Eastern can take the tools and apply them in their daily life and business.

Not everyone wants to know what colors the chakras are, are they male or female, which way they are spinning, what organs they are associated with etc... Some people just want to know the  basics and how they can merge Eastern ways and techniques that they can apply in their daily Western ways... 

Bottom Line... Love who You are, and 
Be YOUR OWN Unique Authentic self... 
I still LOVE the word Unique... 
I just view it in a much bigger scope and with a Both AND... Mentality...  


   Enjoy the Journey...








3 comments:

  1. Very well written and great points. Who wants to be a carbon copy. Besides, you will also get far more respect for being authentic than being obviously fake for the purpose of fitting in. You will in the end be happier that way too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article. I love to be me and cannot imagine being anyone else. We learn from others, but become who we want to be :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's s important being unique. Authenticity always makes us stand from the crowd!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the Time to Read our Post...

All feedback is welcome as it gives us the opportunity to Learn, Play, and Grow each and every day...

We are the Actors-Actresses, Writers, Editors, Producers, Directors, Co-Creators of Our Lives, We can create anything, anytime... Lets Do it -
Carly Alyssa Thorne